In a recently published whitepaper, Ensemble IP demonstrates five aspects of a professional patent search and proposes blending human talent with powerful AI tools.
The five lessons from the paper are:
(1) Professional patent searching has only marginally improved over time.
(2) Companies have introduced periodic innovations to address these shortcomings with limited success.
(3) Early semantic search engines, crowdsourcing, and offshoring have failed to improve quality.
(4) A few machine learning tools have demonstrated real progress, but not as substitutes for humans.
(5) Lasting innovations will blend the work of human patent search experts with the best artificial intelligence tools.
A PDF Download of the Whitepaper is available at the link below, after providing contact information.