Gold standard for the evaluation of machine classification of patent data
The data for the gold standards can be found in the data/ directory, as TSV files. The columns are:
- Class - whether the example is positive or negative
- DocDB Family ID - the ID for the family from the DOCDB system, to aid grouping into families
- Serial no. - the serial number of the publication, to allow identification of the publication, in the EPO [country-code][number][kind-code] format.
- Title - the title as published, to aid cross-checking
- Publication date - date the patent was published by the PO
Alongside the classification data are the scope notes, in a .txt file with the same base name.